Help and Support
For questions or comments, please contact [email protected]
You can always find Deckbuildr at app.deckbuildr.io, or you can launch straight from your Google Drive.
Each of your deck templates gets a unique and permanent URL so you can bookmark it directly and quickly generate a deck at any time.
- Select "Add New Deck" from the main dashboard ("All Templates" tab).
- Pick a Google Slides file from your Google Drive. Note that this template and source deck will be shared with anyone using Deckbuildr at the same G-Suite organization as you.
- Set up your sections. Sections are used to easily include/exclude any content from your pitch deck when you generate. Click on any slide to start a new section from that slide.
- Give each section a title. This will make it easy for your self and your colleagues to know which sections to include when building a deck.
- Test out your deck with the Build button, bookmark the link, or share it with a colleague. This link is permanent for this deck.
If the source deck for a template is modified in Google Drive, Deckbuildr will automatically update to reflect those changes (including new slides, deleted slides, or new slide order). When slides change order, Deckbuildr uses the first slide in each section to infer where a section should start or stop (or handle the case where section order changes).
Of course, it's still recommended to log into Deckbuildr after any making changes in Drive and check that the template is correct.
Deckbuildr uses your G-Suite / Google Workspace organization to determine who to share your templates with. If you signed in with a Gmail account, you'll only be able to use your own templates.
Right now, Deckbuildr uses only the Google Slides presentation format as the template deck, and outputs your generated deck to your Google Drive in Slides format as well as offers export to .pptx. If you prefer to work with another tool or format, let us know!
Deckbuildr only supports using decks in the Google Slides format as templates. If you have PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx) files in your Google Drive, you'll have to convert those first, then attempt to open them in Deckbuildr again.
Decks may be broken in to sections; a section is a collection of one or more slides. You can read more about sections here.
Dynamic Content is a placeholder in your template that can easily be customized each time a deck is generated. Read more about Dynamic Content here.
Dynamic Logos enable you to add a placeholder to your template that will automatically be replaced with your customer's logo. Read more about Dynamic Logos here.